Totesport Review – £25 Risk Free Bet
Totesport have dabbled with various free bet offers for new customers over the years, but recently they have settled on a nice, simple £25 100% risk free bet should your first bet lose. In order to qualify for the freebie, simply open a new account with Totesport, deposit and place a win single, each way or multiple bet on the sportsbook at any odds and if it loses your free bet will be credited immediately to the value of your stake (min £1), up to the maximum of £25.
Your free bet will then be valid for seven days, after which it will expire. As with most bonuses these days, the free bet stake is not included in any winnings and note that the offer does not apply to Totepool bets (such as Scoop6). There are no maximum or maximum odds for either the first bet or subsequent free bet.
With no wagering requirements on the free bet this is a nice, solid offer and though it is not quite as large or generous as some featured on this site, the fact that it is a 100% bonus and is credited immediately if your first bet loses with no messing makes it well worth taking advantage of.
For much of its life Totesport revolved exclusively around horse racing, and so it is no surprise that they have some great betting offers for the nags. They always come up with big promotions for the best meetings and biggest races – such as the Cheltenham Festival and Royal Ascot – including paying out on enhanced each way places, money back specials if your horse is beaten by a head or less and various other bonuses.
They also often introduce offers for other sports, most regularly for big football matches or tournaments, such as money back offers if a match ends 0-0 or enhanced odds on first goalscorers. Betfred bought Tote in 2011 (see below for details) and since then we have seen far more ongoing betting offers from the bookie, the best of which are detailed below.
- Lucky 15/31/63 Enhancements – Totesport has a fantastic range of multiple bets and to make things even more interesting they offer treble the odds if you hit just one winner in a Lucky 15, four times the odds for one winner in a Lucky 31 and five times the odds for one winner in a Lucky 63. As well as this if you pick an all-correct Lucky, Canadian, Heinz or Yankee from Super Bonus Races get 15% (Lucky 15 and Yankee), 50% (Lucky 31 and Canadian) and 100% (Lucky 63 and Heinz) bonus on your winnings.
- Double Delight, Hat Trick Heaven – Originally a Betfred betting offer, Totesport have adopted it too for selected and football matches meaning that fans of first goalscorer bets could be handsomely rewarded: if your player scores first then gets a second at some point in the match Tote will double your odds, then they’ll triple them if your man gets a hat-trick or more. They also regularly run a Double Delight offer on rugby matches (on first tryscorer bets).
- Best Odds Guaranteed – You will not be surprised to see that Totesport offer Best Odds Guaranteed on all UK and Irish horse races (up to about 15 minutes before a race runs), meaning if you take a price and the SP is greater, they will pay out at the higher odds. Best odds are also guaranteed on Greyhound races broadcast on Sky Sports.
- Scoop6 – Totesport, under their Totepool guise, run a good number of pool bets, the daddy of which is their Scoop6 in which punters must pick the winner of six selected races. Pick all six and you will share the jackpot – and given it was recently over £10m, that could be quite an afternoon at the races!
- Money Back 2nd – Totesport love the money back 2nd offer, each day get your money back as a free bet up to £25 if your horse finishes second in the selected race of the day. This offer often applies to other sports and big event such as the Tour de France.
Totesport began life after an Act of Parliament way back in 1928 as the Horserace Betting Control Board and the Totalisator Board, and it remained a state-owned entity until it was eventually sold off in 2011, as mentioned, to gambling giant Betfred.
With a strong history as a high street bookmaker (which they have now left behind them) and licenses to run pool betting at UK racecourses, there is a strong emphasis on horse racing with the Tote. But they have successfully branched out in recent years to cover other sports in great depth and with the increase in betting offers since their takeover, they are starting to win many new customers.
With their headquarters in Wigan in Greater Manchester, Totesport are regulated by the UK Gambling Commission and can therefore be fully trusted to adhere to all legislation in terms of fairness and data and financial security.
With a fantastic range of pool bets available – many of which give punters the chance to win massive fortunes – as well as very well-designed racecards that incorporate Racing Post form, spotlights and highlights, as well as all the racing specials, punters who like betting on the horses will love Totesport.
They have lagged a little way behind some of their rivals in terms of technological advancements in sports betting and their live betting and mobile facilities are not yet as robust or intuitive to use as those of some others. But with the financial clout and industry experience of Betfred behind them, we expect Tote to go from strength to strength in the coming years. And if they keep dishing out the betting offers and promotions at the current rate, we will be very happy indeed!Claim Offer