Free Bets & Bonuses
The table below lists all of the introductory offers available from the UK’s best betting sites (New Customers Only, 18+ Years, T&C’s apply). Most of these deals give free bets upon either your first deposit or first bet. Some of these promotions will match your first deposit or bet with promotional bonus cash. This is an excellent way to try out a new bookmaker and add excellent value to your bets, some of these deals are worth up to 400% of your initial deposit!
You will see on the rest of our site we list regular offers by sport and category. By signing up to several bookmakers you can ensure you can claim the very best deals every week. We update all of our listed promotions every day so check back for the latest betting offers.
Beware of minimum odds requirements and any rollover requirements for withdrawal. Remember you must be 18 or over to claim these deals (in the UK) and terms and conditions apply. Our step by step guide below the table explains how to claim all of these sign up deals.
Event specific enhanced odds new customer offers and sign up deals are listed on our home page when available.
Best Introductory Free Bet Offers & Bonuses
Your Guide to Claiming Free Bets & Bonuses
Don’t miss out on your introductory deals from the best UK bookmakers. Read our guide to ensure you fulfil your bonus, free bet or insurance offer to the full.
For details and explanations of the differences between free bets, matched bets and deposit bonuses see the dedicated section our home page.
If on the other hand you would like to see our comprehensive guide to all aspects of online betting please see our sister guide site, OnlineBetting.org.uk. On that site we cover everything you could ever possibly want to know about betting in the UK
How to Claim an Introductory Offer
- Click the right link – With many betting sites if you go directly to their home page and register you may not be entitled to the welcome deal. To ensure you receive your award click the links on LatestBettingOffers.co.uk. We ensure that all of our links land on the correct promotional pages.
- Do you already have an account? – If you already have an account with a bookmaker you will not be able to claim. Don’t worry there are plenty of other fish in the sea, try one of our other recommended online bookmakers.
- Is there a promo code? – If a code is required to activate the sign up promotion we list it in the table above and in our betting site reviews. Ensure you enter this into the correct box when you register.
- Verify your account – You will be allowed to sign up, bet and take advantage of the welcome deal straight away however in order to withdraw funds and exceed any limits you will need to verify your account. This ensures vulnerable people such as children under 18 are not allowed to gamble and are this is a UK gambling licence requirement stringently enforced by the Gambling Commission.
- Deposit Method – Some eWallet payment methods are permissible for many of the welcome deals on this page, any ineligible methods will be listed in the terms. This is due to the lower level of verification checks required compared to a bank, which in the past has led to bonus abuse through duplication accounts and fraud. If you want to claim an offer you will often need to deposit by an eligible method such as a bank card and switch to an eWallet or pre-paid card later down the line.
How to Get the Most Value out of a Sign-Up Free Bet
- Read our reviews – Our online bookmaker reviews detail all the important terms and conditions of sign up deals as well telling you a little about the operator including regular promos, markets and history. See our sister site using the link above for detailed betting site guides by bookie and sport.
- Deposit the correct amount – Some free bets and most bonuses match your first deposit rather than your first bet. To make sure you get the offer you want make sure you deposit the correct amount of cash. For example with a 100% matched deposit bonus up to £200 you will need to make a first deposit of £200 to claim the full amount. If you don’t want to deposit this much however the bookie will still match your deposit 100% on amounts as little as £10 upwards. You can only claim the offer once however so consider this in advance.
- Bet the right amount – Most free bets and some bonuses match your first bet irrespective of how much you deposit. For example BetVictor’s matched first bet bonus up to £25 requires you to place a first stake of £25 to claim the full bonus, if you stake £10 you will get a £10 bonus. Even if you deposit £25 in this instance but were to place a £10 then a £15 bet the bonus will only be awarded based on your first wager.
- Add the maximum value to your bet – When taking up a sign up bonus this is effectively free money, if you bet at low odds you will get a lower payout however if you back a donkey at 1000/1 your unlikely to win! Free bet stakes are generally not returned so consider betting on prices with moderate odds to still give yourself a good payout but still with a chance of winning.
- Only place the bet you want to – When you register and bet make sure you are betting on the markets and lines you want to. Don’t just throw your free promo away, use it wisely. Most promos are valid for at least 7 days so there is no massive rush to use the offer.
- Try out several betting sites – Introductory deals are there so you can get a feel for the bookie and find the right betting site for you. Sign up to several betting sites using the links in the above table, this will help you find your perfect bookmaker and at the same time add tons of value to your bets through welcome bonuses. By having a portfolio of bookmakers you will also be able to add better value to your bets week to week by exploiting the best odds and event specific offers.
- Restrictions – Make sure you understand any restrictions on the promotion, such as minimum odds requirements, validity and rollovers. We discuss these in more detail here.
Welcome Bonus & Free Bet Restrictions to look out for
- Minimum Odds – Sign up deals that award freebets and bonuses based on your first wager or deposit will require you to place your first bet(s) at minimum odds. These are generally quite low and always at most evens (2.0 in decimal) or lower. If you wager at a price lower than this you may contravene the terms of the offer and lose your freebie or bonus. If you are awarded promotion cash you may also need to wager this a higher than a given price to meet any rollover requirement.
- Rollover Requirements – When you receive a bonus it is possible to withdraw both the bonus and any winnings once you rollover the promo cash several times. Rollover simply means betting the bonus amount a number of times over. For example when you take advantage of the a 100% matched deposit deal where you need to wager both your deposit and bonus three times at minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50). In this example if you deposit £100 you will get a £100 bonus, if you then wager £600 in total stakes within a given number of days at those minimum odds or higher you will be able to withdraw any bonus cash and any winnings. If you wager your bonus cash at lower odds you can still win but it just won’t count towards the rollover.
- Validity – Free bets and promo cash usually have an expiry time. Taking the above example, you have 90 days to complete the rollover requirements. Many free tokens however are valid for between 7 and 30 days depending on the bookie. Please don’t miss your freebie this way. Expiry’s are all detailed in our betting site reviews so take a quick look or have a glance at the offer terms and conditions so you know your expiry limits.
- Markets / Bet Types – Some markets and bet types may not be included in the deal, again please check first. For example it is quite common for introductory deals to apply to single bet markets so if you place a full cover bet such as a Lucky 15 it may not count towards the requirements. It is also very rare for pari-mutual bets such as tote and totepool to count towards these deals.
- Funding Restrictions – You may not be able to claim a bonus if you deposit using certain payment options. For example it is quite common for welcome offers to be restricted when depositing by Skrill (moneybookers) and Neteller. This is not always the case but make sure you check in advance. See our reviews and our sister site (OnlineBetting.org.uk) payment options section for full details of funding mechanism offer restrictions.
What Can I Do If I Miss Out On My Free Bet Or Bonus?
- Contact The Bookmaker – In general bookies are quite understanding if you fail to get your free token due to a genuine mistake. For example if your free token expired before you could use it. Contact them by email, phone or live chat and explain what went wrong an invariably they will re-ward your sign up deal. One of the major reasons bookies give these offers is to allow you to try them out in the first place so it is very much in their interest to re-issue any lost or unused tokens.
- Advertising Standards – If you genuinely believe you’ve been mis-sold an offer by a betting site then you can complain to the advertising standards agency, you will need to provide proof, either of incorrect offer terms or any misleading communications, that could have led to you misinterpreting the promotion.