Betfred are an old hand when it comes to bookmaking but have very much kept up with the times when it comes to online betting.
If you are after a bookie with a top sports book, for horse racing and football in particular, but with all the frills you would expect from a modern betting site then this is your home.
Bet £10 Get a £30 Free Sports Bet & 30 Free Spins
Betfred have toyed with a few different free bets but for the time being they seem settled on a £30 free bet for new customers when you bet just £10. That’s a solid 300% bonus offering and it’s made better because it’s a very straightforward promotion.
Just join Betfred and place a £10 bet at odds of evens (2.0) or greater within daysand Betfred will give you a £30 token token will be added to your account with 48 hours of the qualifying bet settling.
As with most free bets these days the stake is not returned with any winnings from the freebie and the 300% free bet is valid for 7 days once credited. You can use your bet on pretty much anything you wish, with no odds restrictions.
The deal also comes with 30 free casino spins, making this a top value introductory deal. The spins are truly free, meaning once used any winnings are returned in real cash.
Spins are also awarded within 48 hours of bet settlement, must be accepted in 3 days and then used in 7 days. Use them on range of slots listed on the Betfred site (see by clicking below).
As said, this is a really simple offer and a nice easy introduction for those looking for an easy freebie to take advantage of. This is a great bet that doesn’t require a very high deposit but gives you enough back as a free bet that you can really try the bookie out. Note you must make your first deposit by either credit or debit card to claim this offer.
Betfred are owners of the tote (and Totesport) and therefore have one of the biggest horse racing features around. With a presence at every UK race track, live streaming of ALL UK and Irish horse racing and excellent form, news and stats features they are unbeatable for betting on the nags.
If you fancy signing up to the casino with Betfred then it is possible to claim a larger offer dedicated just to games.
Betfred’s casino is not going to blow your socks off with images and graphics, but if what you are really after is good games, excellent loyalty points and top provider such as Playtech, then you can’t go wrong.
Exisiting Customer Promotions & Features
Betfred owner Fred Done calls himself the Bonus King and we think he more than justifies that title with a raft of regular and one-off promotions and bonuses.
As well as loads of offers to tie in with thee big events, such as enhanced each way terms and money back specials, Betfred also boasts a selection of permanent bonus offers, the highlights of which are detailed below.
- Best Odds Guaranteed – Betfred as tote owners offer this as standard on all UK and Irish races, all day, every day, meaning you’ll never need to wonder whether you should take an early price or wait for the SP again: take the early price and is the starting price is higher they will simply pay the higher odds if your horse wins. Best odds guarantee is also offered on all greyhound races broadcast on Sky Sports.
- Double Delight, Hat Trick Heaven – Betfred’s offer for double and treble odds on first goalscorer bets if your wager wins and the player you picked gets two or three goals is a great promotion. Similar offers also operate for first try scorer in rugby and first touchdown in American football.
- Money Back 2nd – Each day on a selected race if your horse comes second (or sometimes second to the starting price favourite) get your money back as a free bet up to £25. Money back 2nd are sometimes offered on other sports and events too, such as the Tour de France.
- Lucky Offers – Fred invented the Lucky 15 but if you’re not so lucky and only get one winner on a Lucky 15/31/63 you’ll get a bonus of up to five times the odds. Get 5x odds on Lucky 63, 4x on Lucky 31 and 3x the odds on a Lucky 15. If on the other hand all your picks win you will get a 10% winnings bonus (in cash) for a Lucky 15, 20% for a Lucky 31 and 25% for a Lucky 63.
- Live Double the Odds – A very popular Betfred promotion will double the odds on selected bets in play during live matches. Keep your eyes peeled.
- Acca Insurance – For 5+ selections on the footy, refund up to £25.
- Super Bonus Races – Pick an all correct Lucky 15 or Yankee on Betfred’s six listed Super Bonus Races and your winnings will be boosted by 15%. All correct Canadian or Lucky 31 will get you a 50% bonus and an all-correct Heinz or Lucky 63 will get a massive 100% enhancement.
- Scoop6Soccer – For £2 predict the correct scores in 6 selected Saturday games (usually PL) and win (or share) the bonus fund – go on to predict the score in a nominated game the following week to win £1 million. Consolation prizes for 5/6 and 4/6 correct scores too.
- Faller Insurance / Beaten By a Length – For the horse racing jump season Betfred have faller insurance and during the flat season offer beaten by a length (or sometimes half a length or a head depending on the races).
- Extra Places, Price Promises and Enhanced Terms – Daily enhanced place offers, better odds and price promises for horse racing.
- Streaming, Cash Out, Shops – Betfred have everything you would expect one of the UK’s biggest betting companies would have with streaming of a wide range of sports, full cash out options and even the ability to deposit and withdraw from your account through their real world shops.
Betfred was started in Salford back in the 1960s when betting shops were legalised in the UK. Brothers Fred and Peter Done started with a single shop before expanding.
Growth was slow at first but then became much more rapid and by 2004, when Betfred.com was launched, they had a retail estate of some 450 shops! They now have well over 1,500 shops as well as a vast online and telebetting empire. Their head office is in Warrington but much of the operation is based in Gibraltar, where Betfred is licensed and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
Betfred is a household name in the UK and one you can trust. Still a family business, they are one of the most successful bookies around and they have the financial power to continue to expand – they own the Tote – and continue to offer some of the best offers and bonuses about.
Owner Fred Done is a huge Manchester United fan – so big, in fact, that he has twice paid out early on the Red Devils to win the league only to see them lose and also refunded all bets on his beloved Reds to win the title in the disastrous 2013-14 campaign. It is, therefore, no surprise, to see Fred leading the way when it comes to football betting, in particular the Premier League and Champions League.
However, as the leading sponsor of UK racing, Betfred are also superb when it comes to horse racing. The fine odds and range of markets – including new ones that Fred is famous for creating, such as the Lucky 15 and Goals Galore – that are the hallmarks of the splendid football and racing offering, are actually found throughout the site on a range of sports, so what ever you fancy betting on, Fred’s got it covered.
Betfred is undoubtedly a top all-round bookie with loads going for it, including brilliant customer service provision and a nice mobile site. If you haven’t already joined Betfred then you’re behind the times so why not get an account and introductory deal when right now?