Have a gander at our free bets page and you will see there is no shortage of bookies giving all sorts of sign up free tokens and introductory bonuses as well as regular deals for existing customers. The fact is that some betting sites are certainly better than others and this ultimately depends on you as a punter and what you want from your bookie.
We have complied some short summaries listing the best and most popular features from our top UK betting sites to help you find the right bookmaker for you. Whether you are looking for the biggest new customer bonus, market coverage, streaming availability or regular offers I guarantee you will find a bookie to meet your needs.
For temporary new customer enhanced odds sign up offers see our home page. For more in depth details of each bookmaker click the review button.
Full List of Betting Sites
Best Betting Sites For UK Customers
From a single shop in Stoke on Trent Bet365 have developed, in my opinion, into one of the best betting sites in the world. Bet365 have been the industry leader for a long time if you ask me, and their customer retention is fantastic which kind of tells you everything you need to know. With tons of live streaming events, a superb live betting feature and brilliant mobile betting apps, you can see there are plenty of reasons to stay.
Market coverage and depth is huge with more lines available than I have personally found pretty much anywhere else. This is the bookie I spend most of my money with, and I believe Bet365 are, pound to pound, truly unbeatable 99% of the time.
Regular customer offers are incredibly reliable and good value too. For those, like me, that bet on a range of events and sports on a weekly basis I’ve yet to find another betting site that provides the same degree of consistent value.
Other top aspects include lots of payment options, high limits, Cash Out facilities, as well as a really nice interface and appearance that suits my personal preference.
- The Best UK Online Bookmaker – In my honest opinion, and I’ve bet with them all.
- Long Term Value – Offers that are regular, rewarding, and fair.
- Innovative & Modern – Constantly moving forward with a clear regard for what their customers want from a bookie.
Here is an example of an online sports betting site with a bit of a difference. This slick operator began by conquering the casino world before using that experience to move into sports. For those punters that are tired of the same old offers, deals, and markets then 888 Sport could be just the tonic.
This is the next generation of betting site. They have all the resources, experience, and knowledge of the traditional high street giants, but they are not restrained by having a retail history. This allows 888 to give customers every market, feature, payment option, etc., but all hosted on a modern sleek interface.
The 888 regular promotions are different from the norm too, so if you are someone who likes to shop around different betting sites to find the right promotion to add value to your wagers then you simply have to have these guys in your portfolio.
- Big Bookie, Modern Approach – Everything you get from high street giants but much simpler and sleeker.
- Unconventional Offers – Different to other bookies, a must have bookie for those who bet based on deals.
- Top Gaming & Casino – The 888 Casino is superb and one of the most famous in the world.
William Hill are a heavy weight of UK bookmaking. They have a long history going from illegal bookmaking to champion of the British high street; for every major event in bookmaking history, William Hill has been in the front line. The consequence of all of this a high street bookie with lots of experience and knowledge that has carried through to their online betting site.
Hill’s are not known for bombarding you with offers but their regular promotions are clear, high value, and reliable, and when it comes to market depth and coverage you don’t get much better. Their size means they have everything a punter would want and generally very good odds too.
The news, results, and blogs available on the website are superb and much better than most other bookies. The William Hill TV service is excellent, possibly second only to Bet365, plus, live betting and mobile options also impress.
On top of all of that, with over 2300 high street shops, phone betting, text betting and more, you have every option available at your disposal when you want to place a bet. On the whole, if you want a proper bookie that sticks to the fundamentals of online betting and nails it, there is no better than Hill’s.
- Exceptional Experience – With almost a century’s history they know everything about their punters and how to keep them happy.
- Tons of Features – Everything needed to be able to bet when & where you like, more payment options, betting features, and extra’s than almost anywhere else.
- Reliable One Stop Shop – An absolute rock of the bookmaking world that has proven their quality time & time again.
The self-proclaimed ‘Bonus King’ certainly do live up to their tag line. Betfred is one of the best bookies going for regular offers and great markets overall on horse racing and football in particular. Their relationship with the tote still places them at the forefront of people’s minds when pooled betting is discussed, and they can offer markets here that not many other bookies have explored.
A nice clean interface makes this a good site to use whether you were brought up using the internet or whether it is still something of a mystery to you, and as a traditional style bookmaker this is certainly a positive thing for many of their customers. The younger generation will still be able to get app happy though since Betfred have an army of mobile applications.
They have every feature you could possibly need from an online bookmaker in cash out, live streaming, bet builders and the like, and if you bet regularly on the horses you would be a fool not to give them a try. Niche markets are somewhat scarce, but for uncomplicated betting Betfred have things nailed down.
- Top For Racing & Football – In the business for 50+ years, Betfred provide top sports markets.
- Bonus King – Punters can rely on the availability and regularity of Betfred’s deals, as well as fresh offers.
- Totepool – Still the best there is for pooled betting.
One of the earliest online bookmakers, BetVictor, originally named Victor Chandler, are still going strong today with some of the best odds you can find on the internet. The gentleman bookmaker brings several virtues to the industry and that has allowed it to grow as one of the most trusted betting sites of them all.
BetVictor are known for having some of the best football odds and offers in the business, but it’s not all about a single sport; once you become a customer you will have access to some of the most competitive odds in the world of sports betting and some great regular offers in other areas too. This bookie is also an industry leader and driver, devising many of the deals we now take for granted such as acca insurance, and were also the first to relocate offshore.
They have in depth market coverage on a respectable range of sports, top notch streaming and live betting with a very easy to use website and mobile feature. Quality is the one word to use with BetVictor, you won’t find many complaints about this bookie and that tells you that they have a lot of happy customers.
- Excellent All-Rounder – As close to a perfect betting site as you will find.
- Gentleman Bookie – Professional to the core, with fair terms and excellent customer support.
- Best Odds – The promotions are good, but it’s market leading odds that will keep you coming back.
Ladbrokes are a proper old traditional bookie. Their heritage means they know what they are doing and their size as the UK’s biggest bookmaker allows them to give punters a fantastic all around package that is full of features. You can do everything at Ladbrokes from exchange betting to fixed odds markets on tens of thousands of betting lines.
Ladbrokes have also been running very high value welcome offers longer than anyone else, but for regular betting they are a class act too. Daily price boosts and the ability to boost prices on your own wagers means there is always good value to be found even if the basic odds can be beaten elsewhere, and with their other promotions and the exclusive offers available through The Grid they have most bases covered.
With over 2300 betting shop locations, phone betting, text betting and integration with online betting, again via The Grid, you will never be in a position where you cannot place a bet. This bookmaker must be on your list of betting sites if you are a serious punter.
- Oldest Bookie Still in Operation – Ladbrokes date back to the 1800’s with more experience and knowledge than any other site.
- Exchange betting – The only traditional bookie to offer exchange betting.
- Colossus – Simply massive, a huge number of markets, loads of streaming, ad plenty of enhancements on site.
The first surprise with Unibet is their size. These guys are not a pop up operation even though the average UK bettor might not know much about them. They have been in operation since 1997, and with over 150,000 markets and tens of thousands of live events, cash out, news features and more, they are one of Europe’s biggest betting sites – you get a continental pedigree with this bookie.
You can typically find promotions and odds boosts on sports other than just football and horse racing with this bookmaker, and they offer very strong odds on things like F1 and darts, so if you tend to spread your net wide in your betting activity then it is defiantly worth checking out Unibet.
By having a broader scope than just the UK there are so many events and features here that you won’t get elsewhere including extensive global horse racing coverage, and you can make the most of this via their superb desktop website or their award winning mobile app, which really is leading the way in betting on the move.
- Big On Value – You will never get stung with Unibet, honest odds and good offers.
- European Bookie – A continental outlook, many markets and deals here not found elsewhere.
- Horse Racing – Unbeatable racing coverage alongside incredible depth of market elsewhere.
The Betfair exchange remains the biggest sports betting exchange in the world and the company’s flagship product, but this bookie also has a fantastic fixed odds sportsbook with industry leading deals and features to go with it. Taking many lessons from their original exchange, this brand is a little different from the rest and definitely worth having amongst your list of betting sites – there is a reason many professional gamblers choose to bet with these guys.
Existing customers can expect some of the best daily enhanced odds promotions and price rushes around. Boosted odds are based on activity on their exchange and this means many lines are enhanced that you will not find at other online bookmakers. The choice to bet between the exchange and the fixed odds book is fantastic for punters.
Betfair are also known for innovative features; they invented cash out and were the first to offer it on live horse racing, for example. They also stream a large variety of sports and now, through their merger with Paddy Power, you can even deposit cash into your Betfair account via a Paddy Power store.
- Top Odds – In the last couple of years Betfair have maintained best odds on a range of top sports.
- Odds Boosts – Tons of daily odds boosts and a decent range of promotions too.
- Professionals Choice – The ability to back and lay on the best sports betting exchange but still wager on a fixed odds book means the punter is in full control.
If you’re after a bit more engagement and some hilarious antics, then you have found your home with Ireland’s biggest bookie. Now merged with Betfair, they are one of the biggest betting companies on the planet.
Paddy Power are a fun and lively bookie with absolutely loads of offers for regular customers on top of the welcome offer. You will find daily money back specials on horse racing and football as well as other sports such as tennis, golf, darts, cricket and NFL. To be honest, if there is a big event in any sport these guys will be running a promo.
Market depth is mostly very good, as you would expect from a bookie their size, along with a lot of live streaming available, stats and blogs and a vast array of payment options with good low and high limits. They are famous for novelty bets too.
If you’re a fan of betting through social media then PP are possibly the best, pushing their top deals daily through Facebook and Twitter. This bookie are certainly not the best for raw odds prices but considering the number of offers they run it is worth having them in your collection for that alone.
- Biggest Offer Bookie – An avalanche of betting offers, more than almost anyone else.
- High Street Bookie – 600+ high street shops with exclusive offers and flexible banking options.
- Fun, Social, and Unpredictable – Paddy Power are the best for reaching out to customers, some have even featured in marketing campaigns.
Coral are one of most recommended betting sites in the country, giving punters everything they could want from a bookmaker. With excellent market coverage, fantastic offers for existing and new customers, high street betting shops and a fun and exciting outlook you may never want to bet anywhere else.
The Coral welcome bonuses are always fantastic, and as well as scores of ever changing promotions, odds boosts are a regular feature. Tie these promotions in with the excellent live betting package for ultimate value and entertainment, especially given they live stream more events than almost anyone else.
Coral could be the only bookie you ever need, but it could just as easily be a strong member of your betting portfolio if you like to go to different places for different bets or markets. Here, their horse and greyhound racing will be difficult to ignore, with full coverage of UK and Irish races as well as plenty more from around the world.
- Best Live Streaming – Over 100,000 live sports events shown each year free for account holders.
- Regular Offers – Especially good for horse racing, but covering many other sports too and changing often.
- High Street – 1800+ Betting Shops which you can link with your online account using Coral Connect.
NetBet have been around longer than you might think, starting life in 2001, and this means they have had a lot of time to develop an great package. A full sports book is available with great depth and live betting; you can get cash out, a nice mobile app, casino, results, stats and more. For the general punter this bookie has everything you need to place a bet and also throws in some nice loyalty rewards.
One of the most exciting things about NetBet is the additional betting features available to their customers. These are all designed to make betting more fun, more interesting, and more engaging, and they don’t half manage it.
A lot of online bookmakers that have been around as long have become stale and dated, not NetBet though, they have managed to preserve a very modern look and feel by consistently adapting with the times. The functionality is also top class; don’t think of this as a secondary choice, they are a very good betting site in their own right with plenty to offer.
- Solid All Rounder – A great betting site for the general bettor, especially if they like to go continental.
- Functionality & Features – Easy to use and navigate with a top betting features.
- Payments – More payment options than you are ever likely to need.
You may not have heard much about 10Bet but let me tell you these guys are here to stay. By doing things right from the outset they managed to keep on growing in a very saturated market, and the best bit is they take customers on this journey with them with fantastic regular promotions and great odds. They have one of the best balances between short term event specific offers and long term deals.
10Bet is a serious betting site for proper punters, they evidence this by providing a massive book with huge market-depth along with a suite of features including streaming, all cash out options, and novel tools such as pulse betting. They support this with solid customer support, an array of banking options and high limits.
You can bet on over 150 football leagues with this bookie so their number one sport is obvious, but you can also find everything else down to more obscure markets like Muay Thai and futsal. This is a quietly confident top tier bookie that should be in everyone’s portfolio.
- Massive Markets – For football especially 10Bet are unbeatable.
- Open & Honest – Nothing is hidden, terms are fair, odds are above average, and help is on hand 24/7.
- Betting Features – Plenty of ways to take back control of your betting and spice things up.
An American sports focused betting site that is simply the best of its type in the UK. Offering all sports, not just the US, this is one of the best placed to bet on sports from across the pond and at home. They are known especially for low margins on US markets, plus their market depth here is second to none.
Part of the independent Argyll group, who also run Sport Nation, there is a genuine focus on the customer here. You can see they spend most of their resources on existing users. This is achieved with odds boosts and regular offers, some of which span the sportsbook and the casino. They are also at the top end for high limits and offers that suit a wide range of stakes.
Red Zone Sports is SBTech powered, and if you’ve used it before you will know it is one of the best functioning sportsbook software packages available, especially for live betting.
Established in 2016 they have been fast to develop, offering partial and full cash out facilities and one of the best stats and results sections around.
- US Sport Specialist – Best UK site for betting on anything American, even American sports outside of the US.
- Top Live Betting – From the functionality and live betting features right down to market availability.
- Independent – Not one of the crowd, a brand with a different outlook.
RaceBets are the best horse and greyhound only racing bookmaker in the world. No question.
They have been around longer than you might think (since 2005), are one of Germany’s biggest bookies, and entered the UK market in 2012. They offer astounding market depth on 250,000 races a year from over 40 different countries.
They have become recognised by mainstream UK punters in the last few years based on their huge range and depth of market combined with a very generous welcome offer and hugely valuable regular promotions – you will not find a more comprehensive package anywhere else. For every race you bet on you are covered by a deal meaning you are always getting added value.
For anyone who bets regularly on racing this is a must have betting site with HD streaming from all over the world and an immense range of features including editorials that are actually useful, blogs, tips and form guides, not to mention all of the competitions they run.
For more about RaceBets see our full review.
- No One Better For Foreign Racing – If you bet outside of UK & Ireland this is your best option by a mile.
- Specialist Racing Bookmaker – Perfect for those who want racing and nothing else.
- Huge Range of Racing Offers – Add value to your racing bets, every bet covered by at least one promotion.
BETDAQ are by no means a new brand, they have been around for ages, since 2001 in fact, operating the biggest sports exchange after Betfair. It was started by an Irish businessman who grew the brand to a level where it accepted over £75 million in bets each week.
In 2013 Ladbrokes bought the brand so that they could offer exchange services and for a long time BETDAQ was neglected a little as Ladbrokes sought to drive exchange traffic to their own site instead. Since the merger with Coral however and then the subsequent takeover by GVC the brand has been given a new lease of life.
This is most evident from their newly launched fixed-odds sportsbook, bringing the site in line with other big exchanges such as Betfair. This now means BETDAQ can offer a complete betting site with a range of options for punters, and a great alternative to Betfair.
The new sportsbook is heavily backed by one of the biggest betting companies in the world, this means big markets, good odds, features such as cash out and streaming, lots of banking options, 24/7 customers support; and pretty much anything else you would expect from a leading bookie.
Unlike most new sportsbooks this isn’t a little start up trying to find their way, rather they have everything in their toolbox from the word go and provide a great new opportunity for punters, especially as you can claim their welcome offer if you already have a Ladbrokes or Coral account.
Bet-at-home have actually been around since 1999 and are one of central Europe’s most well known bookies. They have focused on sports since they started – although they do have a casino – and they obtained a UK license in 2014.
This bookmaker have everything you need to bet happily, including live betting, lots of markets and clear terms. In fact this is one of the most open and honest bookies around and they have one of the cleanest, fastest and easy to use no frills interfaces going too.
Bet-at-Home are a great betting site for wagering on less common sports, especially continental markets and those not so well covered by most UK bookies, they will also appeal to those that just want good honest odds and terms in place of a million and one flashy promos.
For more continental sports markets of all kind, and especially for esports fans, then this is one of the best betting sites available.
- Continental Giant – Distinguished European betting site with strong track record.
- Great Odds – Especially for sports that most UK bookies ignore.
- Fairness & Transparency – Honest and open terms that are easy to find on a simple interface.
You can guess the origins of this betting site from their name. 32Red have been going for around 20 years and run one of the most exciting, engaging and successful online casinos in the world. 32Red offer the perfect betting site for those punters who like a bit of everything. Although, famed more for their gaming packages, this bookie also have a tidy fixed odds sportsbook alongside.
The first sportsbook from this bookie was a little underwhelming so 32Red, a British company based in Gibraltar, re-launched it with a whole new design and set of promotions. By taking sports more seriously they have created an attractive package for the recreational bettor with better market depth and more features than you might expect.
If you are a sports only punter then this site isn’t for you, but if you are someone who wants access to a world class casino but also want an integrated sportsbook that can hold its own then this is one of the best betting sites you can choose.
- Surprising Sportsbook – Cash out, good depth, & live streaming make this a proper sportsbook even though it isn’t their specialty.
- Excellent Casino & Games – You don’t get much better in this department.
- Horse Racing – Good coverage, and offers targetted towards racing, too.
Betsafe are another bookie with Swedish origins, but since being bought out by the gigantic BML Group they have managed to keep their charm while bringing on board wider experience to create a thoroughly impressive betting site with a full range of markets and features.
Betsafe are a great unique site to bet with and have some of the happiest customers in the world, supported by an award winning customer service team that is available day and night.
A typical punter will find all major sports offered with good depth of market. The interface is a major selling point for the brand and the speed of the site keeps things lively. Live streaming is offered and there is also cash out and a fully functional mobile app.
Betsafe are not so strong for regular offers but the deals they do have are very good value and worth keeping an eye out for, and the odds in general are always fair and honest so you can be sure your mates won’t be getting loftier returns elsewhere.
- Award Winning Support – The very best for customer care.
- Superior Interface – The site is an absolute pleasure to use, very intuitive and very contemporary.
- Top Horse Racing – Being a continental bookie partnered with Racebets, you can bet on races all over the world.
Sport Nation (a rebrand of Bet on Brazil) are a new online bookmaker with big ambition. They aim to break the mould by creating a new type of entertaining betting site that is different to your typical bookie. If you’re thinking you have hard this before, I understand why, but these guys are the real deal.
They are focused on proper bettors, those that just want good markets and offers (which tend to be higher stakes than competitors) and good features. The brand dedicates a lot of time to loyalty, with a superb rewards scheme where you can get points to exchange for top notch products. This turns into a VIP package which takes things even further.
With a top sign up deal and fantastic accumulator offers and bet boosts this is a great new bookmaker for anyone who bets on football in particular – although there are around 35 sports available – and live betting here is a real treat, with full cash out and fast markets available.
The site is also UK focused meaning no compromises for British punters with resources and offers focused on markets most applicable to the way we bet.
- Big Stakes Bookie – Bigger offers and rewards than others.
- Loyalty Counts – A proper punters bookies that consistently rewards regular customers.
- Football Focus – Although other sports aren’t neglected, football coverage is superb here.
If you like betting on football, golf, or horse racing then call in on this Irish bookmaker before you place your bets elsewhere, they are a fantastic bookie for traditional and Irish betting markets and also offer a great range a regular deals.
I doubt you will struggle with the coverage from this bookmaker either, they have great market depth on all of the top sports markets without going overboard, and some interesting novelty bets too.
Overall, this is a site for proper traditional regular punters, those that like strong depth and decent prices on all the major British and Irish markets without too much messing about. A professional and non-gimmicky bookie.
- Big Professional Bookie – Any serious racing or football punter should have an account here.
- Traditional Values – In a world of attention seeking online bookies, it’s nice to see something more mature & old school.
- Solid Promotions – Great straight forward offers for returning customers.