Vernons were once a great household British name but since being taken over by Betsson the brand has been left to die, having not been updated in years the site and product is now seriously outdated and under resourced.
Betsson being a European focused company obviously do not see the value in the historic brand and it is likely they will close it down in the near future. In light of this we can no longer recommend Vernons as a top betting site.
Vernons might have made their name with the football pools, but they have since grown into a multi-faceted gambling hub with a fine sportsbook nestled among their many products.
This site may not be able to compete with the biggest bookies, such as Bet365, in terms of markets but they have carved out a niche in providing great long term value existing customer offers for many top sports.
If you bet regularly on accumulators, football, tennis, darts, snooker, golf, rugby or virtual sports then you might find a lot of added value here.
Vernons Sportsbook – Reliable Top Sports Offers
Vernons no longer run a new customer free bet, they used to offer a risk free bet of up to £25, although this was hardly the best offer around in any case. Instead Vernons have decided to focus on offering long term value for regular customers with some year round top offers. You can still get a bonus for signing up to bingo if you wish.
Take a look around our site and you will see Vernons listed with a top promotion under every major sport. Vernons make their deals available permanently so as a punter you can plan your wagers in advance.
The bookie have the best acca insurance deal around, available on all sports for 5+ picks up to £50 (can be mixed selections), they give 20% money back for in play tennis bets or if your men’s match loses in the 5th set, 20% money back on virtuals, refund if its a score draw in football, money back if a Englishman wins a golf major, money back if a snooker match goes to the final frame, money back if first score is a try in rugby, etc.
This is just a snapshot of the deals available for regular customers, all of these have been running for a very long time and are there each and every week when you need them.
Money back offers also go up to £50, with a minimum of just £1. With most other betting sites the minimum is £5 and the maximum £25.
Vernons Existing Customer Promotions
While Vernons don’t shout as loudly as some of the better known bookmakers in terms of advertising and so on, they have developed a very solid sportsbook with a wide range of offers and bonus that can be used to stack the odds in your favour.
- Accumulator Cashback – If you place straight accumulator bets of five-folds, six-folds, seven-folds, eight-folds, nine-folds and 10-folds and just one of your selections lets you down (with all the others winning, i.e. none are void), Vernons will refund your stake as a free bet of up to £50.
- Football Score Draw Insurance – Refunds on losing correct score bets if the game ends as a score draw, all footy.
- Grand Slam Tennis Offer – If you place a pre-match winner bet on any Men’s Grand Slam tennis match (that is, in the French Open, Wimbledon, the US Open or the Australian Open) and your player loses in five sets, Vernons will refund your stake as a free bet, again up to a maximum of £50.
- Tennis In Play Offer – Place five £5+ bets live on tennis (different games) and get a fiver free. Claim this however much you wish.
- Golf Majors Money Back – If you place a pre-tournament bet on an outright market for all golf majors you will get your money back if an Englishman wins the tournament – how patriotic (well unless your Scottish, Welsh or Irish that is).
- Virtual Sports Free Bets – Place five or more £5+ bets on virtual sports and get a £5 virtuals free bet. What is even better is you can claim this as many times as you want to making this one of the best places to place these wagers.
- Snooker & Darts Money Back – With so many bookies now ignoring the old traditional sports of snooker and darts it is nice to know you can rely on an offer from Vernons. Money back on snooker if your player loses in a final set and money back on correct score bets for the darts premier league if the game ends as a draw.
- Rugby Union Money Back – Losing first tryscorer bets refunded if the first score of the game is a try.
Vernons started out as the provider of the football pools, way back in 1925, no less. In 2007 Vernons was taken over by Sportech, who also acquired other football pools providers, and then in 2013 it was in turn bought out by the massive gaming and leisure conglomerate Netplay plc.
Vernons are licensed and regulated by the Alderney Gambling Control Commission in the Channel Islands and Thawte, the leading independent trust mark, has verified their software and practices as safe and secure.
Vernons have come a long way towards challenging the supremacy of the big boys of the sports betting industry by providing an excellent range of betting offers covering a good variety of sports. They still fall behind the market leaders in some respects, such as the value of their odds on some sports, but they are making strides and we expect them to keep improving.
With solid customer support, well-designed mobile betting and live betting suites and an intuitive and easy-to-use website, Vernons are clearly doing a lot of things very well. If they can just invest a little more to improve the quality of their site they could be up there with the best of them. Even so, with so many high value betting offers for typical punters Vernons are well worth joining.