Unibet may not be as recognisable as the likes of Ladbrokes but they are in fact a massive betting company in the UK and Europe. With a staggering array of market and over 40,000 live streamed events each year, only Bet365 can claim to be bigger.
This is a good solid option if you want the security of knowing you will be able to access pretty much every market and feature you want from an online bookmaker. Not so strong on regualr offers but very good odds prices in general. Good addition to any ones list of betting sites.
Special Offer – Bet £1-20 Get A Matched Free Bet
Unibet have a special 100% matched first bet offer that will give you a free bet equal to your first bet stake from just £1 up to a maximum of £20. You cannot claim this offer direct, it is only available here.
Join, opt into the offer and deposit £5 or more. Next place a bet in the sportbook with odds of 2/5 (1.40) or more. Once that bet has settled your free bet token will be awarded. Pick an event occurring soon if you don’t want to wait too long for your free token.
The free wager will then be valid for 30 days and you can use it on any sports or events that you wish. There are no restrictions on payment options but you cannot at present use the offer to bet on racing. If you want to bet on racing you can claim the Unibet standard welcome promotion below, which is valid for racing.
Sports Offer – £30 Money Back First Bet
The £30 welcome offer form Unibet means if your first bet loses they will refund your money up to £30 in bonus cash rather than a risk free bet.
The minimum deposit is £10 therefore the offer applies to any initial bet valued £10-30. Money is refunded as bonus cash rather than a free bet meaning the bonus money stakes will be returned with any winnings.
To withdraw bonus you simply need to rollover this amount three times at odds of 2/5 (1.40) or higher. For example if you were to receive the full £30 bonus you would need to stake £90 in order to withdraw the cash. This is better than many other risk free bet promotions as the punter is able to withdraw the bonus if they meet requirements. The bonus also has a long expiry of 30 days.
There is certainly enough going on with this bookie to allow punters to play through the introductory offer. Unibet have a massive live betting feature giving over 120,000 markets, live streaming on upwards of 40,000 events including major European football, tennis, NBA, NHL and more.
Depth of market is also excellent particularly for in play markets with Unibet providing tons of markets point by point, ball by ball and run by run whatever the sport in question.
One of Europe’s biggest online bookies, Unibet also provide Cash In functionary, a nice mobile app, good social media interaction and lot of news, stats, results and opinion features. Unibet cover all the major markets right down to sports like trotting, surfing and yachting.
Unibet Casino – 200% Bonus up to £200
If you want to you could instead choose to take the Unibet casino welcome bonus. First off you will get 10 spins on a leading NetEnt title just for registering.
Then deposit £10 or more and Unibet will double this in bonus funds up to £200. If your first deposit is £10 you will get a £20 bonus, to claim the maximum bonus deposit £100.
The bonus comes with a fair and reasonable wagering requirement of 35x with a decent amount of time to do it in of 30 days. Game contributions vary, for more terms see the Unibet site.
You will also get further free spins depending on how much you deposit. 40 spins for £10, 90 for £50+, 140 for £75+ and 190 for £100+. Winnings from free spins must be wagered 25x in 30 days to withdraw.
Unibet Promotions for Existing Customers
Unibet are a good betting site for existing customer offers. They don’t have lots and lots at any one time but they the promotions they do have always tend to be decent value.
- Football In Play Free Bet Club – Great deal, place five or more bets on any live footy (£10+ evens+) between Monday and Sunday and get a £10 free bet, available every week, opt in first.
- Premier League / Champions League Win £100k Free Prediction Game – Guess 6 correct scores in a game week to win £100k in cash, or £25k guaranteed to top scorer if nobody guesses all correct. Free to play, only account needed.
- Premier League Acca Rush – Not a bad acca offer giving a 25% profit boost applicable to accumulators with 5 or more selections for pre-match W-D-W in Premier League matches. Each pick must have minimum odds of 1/5 (1.20), offer applies to stakes up to £20 and maximum extra bonus winnings of £1000 (paid in cash).
- 90+ Minute Goal Cashback – In all Premier League, Champions League and La Liga matches if there is a 90th+ minute goal get all losing correct score, half-time/full-time, first goalscorer and last goalscorer wagers between £5 and £30 refunded in cash.
- Great Prices – Advertising a minimum 97.5% payback on all Premier League matches and commitment to be top price on at least two favourites each week, Unibet are worth checking out before placing your footy bets. In facts all bets across the site are in the top 25% for value.
- Racing Money Back – For every major horse race during the year expect a good money back second deal from Unibet.
- Big Boosts – Every betting site does price boosts but Unibet’s do tend to be that little bit higher value. They don’t enhance as many prices as others, possibly because their standard prices are already good, but when they do these tend to be well worth it. Common for outright markets.
Although not so well known in the UK Unibet are actually one of Europe’s biggest online betting sites with over 15 million customers in over 150 countries. They have been operating in the UK since 1998.
The company was founded in 1997 an initially set up in Britain as a telephone betting operation. In 1999 they launched their first website in English and Swedish. In 2001 the company launched their offices in Malta from where they are now based and licenced.
The company were one of the first to launch live betting back in 2003, the same year they started their casino operation. They were also one of the first to have a mobile app back in 2005 when smart phones had barely begun. 2005 was also the year they acquired MrBookmaker.com and by 2006 the Unibet site was available in 20 languages, setting themselves out a bookie with an international pedigree.
In 2008 the company acquired Maria Holdings to strengthen their bingo position and since then they have also incorporated sites such as 32Red and Bingo.com. The group now call themselves the Kindred Group, although it is Unibet that renains the jewell in the crown.
The company is a also member of the European Gaming and Betting Association (EGBA). In 2009 Unibet made its biggest payout when a punter won €4.5 million on Mega Fortune in the casino.
Unibet are continually growing in the UK and bring a lot of European betting markets and deals that are not always available with other British bookies. One of the best and longest running live betting features available with some cracking minute by minute markets, a ton of live streaming and more. They have pretty much everything you want from an online bookmaker.