Paddy Power Review – £20 Risk Free Bet
Paddy Power are a Marmite bookmaker, you will either love them or hate them, there is certainly no middle ground and I guarantee you will have an opinion either way. The betting site is Ireland’s biggest, and a major player in world betting and gaming since merging with Betfair in 2016.
With huge resources the online bookie is able to provide massive market range and depth with all the features you would expect including streaming, cash betting, free bet clubs and more. PP’s sense of humour is a not to everyone’s taste, but for those that do enjoy it and are looking for a big betting site that doesn’t take itself too seriously they are a good option.
Sign Up Offer – £20 Cash First Bet Insurance
The Irish bookie have a first-class welcome offer when you sign up with them. Register as a new customer, deposit and place a £20 bet and get a your money back, in cash, if it loses. It really is as simple as that.
This is what you could classify as a true ‘free bet’ in that if your first bet does lose you are getting your money back in full and it is yours to so with as you like. There are no minimum or maximum odds requirements on the initial bet and no time limit from registration to place it either
The initial bet must be placed in the sportsbook and has to be a single or single line multiple bet, totepool and lotteries are excluded. Deposits through Neteller and Skrill-Moneybookers are not eligible for the welcome offer.
Have a laugh with Paddy Power. This is, by a margin, the best bookmaker for daily offers and interacting with their customers. There are serious bookies like BetVictor and Bet365 and then there are fun sites like PP.
Paddy Power offer a large book with all the usual features you expect from a big online betting site. Great mobile app, streaming, live betting and a superb news and results service available for customers.
One big strength of Paddy is their social media presence. Half the battle in getting a good offer or the best odds is knowing about it. Paddy Power are so good at pushing their offers and price boosts to customers there is no excuse to miss out, although saying that some find the level of customer interaction overbearing.
Paddy Power Promotions
There is no way we could list every offer from Paddy Power this page would crash before they all loaded. Suffice to say if you like betting with offers you will be at home here.
Rarely the best for raw odds alone you can certainly get great value for money with their deals. Some of the most common and regular deals are listed here but bear in mind this is a drop from the ocean.
- VIPP Free Bet Club – bet £50 (5 or more £10 bets) in a week and get a £10 free bet. Odds of just 1/5+ each qualifying bet, any sports you like, single bets and accumulators included and runs for 7 days. Excellent value for existing customers.
- Extra Place Specials – One of the most popular and longest running offers is extra places offered for each way and place betting on selected horse races. There are usually two of these races everyday. These offers are not limited to horse racing, PP very often give extra places in outright tournaments from tennis to golf to T20 and many many more.
- Best Odds Guaranteed – If all the offers aren’t enough then get best odds guaranteed on UK and Irish horse racing. Watch the race live if you have bet £1 on it too.
- Double Odds and Triple Odds – Another common offer from this bookie. Get regular double or triple odds promotions for all sorts of sports and events. For example in cricket you will often see ‘back a batsman to score the most runs and if they score a century they will double the odds’. These offers are usually capped at £50 but bear in mind this is real cash not a free bet or promo cash.
- Money Back Specials – Paddy Power run a money back special offer every single day.
- Free Bet Specials – Tons of free bet specials are available from this bookie. Common examples would be something like back a winner at odds of 2/1 or more in a selected dog race and get your stake as a free bet up to £25.
- In Play Offers – Paddy Power are one of the best for this offer type. Place a £20 outright bet on a selected big footy game for example and get a £10 free bet to sue in play during the match.
- Acca Insurance – During the football season PP usually run money back if one lets you down on 5 selections or more on the footy, £50 max refund.
- Money Back Second to the SP Favourite – On at least one horse race meeting every day for all races, applies to single stakes up to £25.
- Enhanced Odds – Expect enhanced odds promotions every day, and more than one of them The ‘Power Play’ offers enhanced odds for example on a selected football treble.
- Others – Additional regular offers include bore draw money back, money back goal scorer specials, acca bonuses, other money back specials and regular entry to prize draws. If you can think of a type of betting offer I promise you Paddy Power will cover it at some point.
About Paddy Power
Paddy Power used to be the third largest online bookmaker in the UK but since merging with Betfair they are now competing with Ladbrokes Coral for top spot.
Established in 1988 the name comes from a reference to Irish heritage in ‘Paddy’ and the surname of one of the original founders David ‘Power’. The current CEO is David nephew, Patrick Power, however this is an accident rather than by design.
The bookmaker launched its online betting site back in 2000 and have been aggressive ever since. With their quirky humour they have been known to offer odds and markets on virtually anything, sometimes getting them into hot water. They have previously offered odds on the next species to become extinct after the BP oil spill and odds for Barrrack Obama to fail to complete the first term of presidency (that some read as odds of an assassination!).
In 2012 Nicklas Bentner scored for Denmark at the European Championships, he pulled down his shorts only to reveal a pair of Paddy Power pants. This was to the annoyance of the national team who were at the time sponsored by Ladbrokes. PP went on to pay the €100k fine for Bentner. You really have got to laugh haven’t you.
Although an Irish bookie the Paddy Power UK operation is now registered in Malta since the Betfair merger.
If you need a bookie in your portfolio for regular offers then these guys have to be first on your list, click below to sign up and get their fantastic welcome bonus.Claim Offer