Ladbrokes Review – £50 Matched Bet
Ladbrokes are the world oldest bookmaker still in operation, dating back all the way to 1886. Originally an exclusive bookie for high profile clients the brand, now merged with Coral, has gone on to become one of the biggest betting companies on the planet.
There is nothing that Ladbrokes doesn’t offer punters, whether you bet daily or yearly then this is a great product to suit all. With every single feature you could want (cash out, streaming, news and results, bet requests, betting shops) and a vast array of short and long term promotions Ladbrokes is a must have online bookmaker for anyone.
Sportsbook Offer – Matched 1st Bet, £5 Up To £50
Ladbrokes offer new customers of their brilliant online betting site a matched free bet of up to £50. To get this offer use bonus code F50 when you sign up. This is a flexible introductory bonus and a very simple freebie matching your first bet with a free token, if you don’t fancy utilising the full amount then the welcome giveaway starts at just £5.
Considering the colossal size of Ladbrokes and the number of features these guys boast it is certainly well worth taking up this free bet offer to try them out. Put it this way you won’t struggle to find something to wager your offer on.
Simply register and place a paid bet of between £5 and £50 and Ladbrokes will match your stake with a free bet. The qualifying bet must be placed at minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50 in decimal) within 14 days of joining. Once credited (as soon as your first bet is settled) the free bet is valid for four days and the stake is not returned when it is placed. Bets placed from accounts funded by Skrill (moneybookers) or Neteller are not eligible for the offer.
Note that the freebie can be used on win and each-way bets. The free wager does not apply to tote or totepool betting and is not available through telephone betting or in store.
Remember to enter the promo code at sign up to get your hands on the offer. Ladbrokes don’t offer the biggest introductory percentage free compared to some other bookies with their sign up offer but then again few bookies can offer the scale and features that Ladbrokes can.
Ladbrokes Casino – 100% Up To £500
Being such a colossus Ladbrokes have a full range of sections and features with one of the biggest casino bonuses, in terms of amount, that you will find anywhere.
You may only take either the sports or casino bonus, real money is transferable but bonus funds are not. If you want a good casino with a massive sportsbook, exchange, etc., when you need it then this is a great deal.
Sign up using the link below and make a first deposit of £20 or more and Ladbrokes will match it up to a whopping £500. The bonus is valid for 30 days with a 20x wagering requirement (deposit + bonus amount, not all games count 100% so check first), this is actually one of the lowest rollover requirements you will find for casino.
Ladbrokes Standard Features and Promotions
Ladbrokes tend to offer a lot of specials and promotions for all events over a really wide range of sports, with golf, tennis, F1, horse racing and, of course, football, all subject to plenty of offers and enhancements.
The number of regular offers here is really astonishing and can really add value to your long term betting if you use them sensibly. Here are a few examples of Ladbrokes regular promos and features:
- Best Odds Guaranteed PLUS – Like most – but not all – top online bookmakers, Ladbrokes offer Best Odds Guaranteed on all UK and Irish horse races. It gets better however as this is best odd plus and that means if you take an early price and it drifts you’ll get paid at not just the SP but at a higher price. You can also stream these races live if you have placed a bet of £1 on the race.
- Odds Boost – Ladbrokes allow you to pick any single or straight line accumulator bet each day to boost. This can be any sport, any market with no min or max odds. Stake up to £200 with all winnings as real cash. Spectacular value where you are in complete control.
- Price Boosts – Across a range of sports Ladbrokes will boost a variety of odds daily making them better than at any of their rivals. This can be anything from a particular horse to a player to score first, a batsman to top score or a team to win a given event. Price boosts are most common for UK football. Ladbrokes are also one of the best at offering regular enhanced odds offers too, these are a little different to price boosts and run a little longer. A typical example would be enhanced odds on England’s top batsman at the Ashes for example.
- Money Back Specials – Every week Ladbrokes run some very nice money back deals for regular customers. For example money back if both teams score in a top footy game, the game is a draw, the first correct score bet loses in a tennis or darts match, if your top batsman scores 100+ but doesn’t win in a cricket game, money back if a boxing match goes the distance, etc. These are just a few of examples of many.
- Free Bets – Ladbkrokes award free bets almost daily. Expect to see things like, bet on a certain football match get free bets in play, back an outright team to win and get £5/goal scored, etc.
- Double Winnings – Another favourite of Ladbrokes. If a given scenario is met then in many instances the bookie will give you an extra payout, e.g. if your team scores 3+ goals in a selected match, your horse wins by 3+ lengths in a selected race, etc. Again these are just examples, on site there are hundreds of new deals every month.
- Acca Insurance and Edits – Forever and a day Ladbrokes have had acca insurance on 5+ multiples made up of any football, from any league. They also have an edit bet facility that allows you to add, remove or swap selections from a live accumulator.
- Live Streams, News, Bet Requests, Shops – There is no compromise here, Ladbrokes have it all. One of the best all round feature packages you will find. The ability to bet between online and their shops using the same account is also a real draw.
- Exchange – Owners of BetDaq, Ladbrokes are one of the few online bookmakers to provide an exchange too, giving you the choice where and how you bet.
Ladbrokes has the longest history, perhaps, of any bookie in the world, its roots going right back to Ladbroke Hall, the base for a horse training operation and commission agency, in 1886. Naturally much has changed since then but even the more recent history is as old as most rivals, Ladbrokes becoming a high street operation in the UK with the legalisation of betting shops in the 1960s.
The ownership structure has changed many times over the years. Already one of the biggest bookies out there Ladbrokes merged with Coral in 2016 to create possibly the biggest gambling company in the world, with over 30,000 employees and 4000 shops between them.
Ladbrokes is a household name, a familiar presence on the high street and something of a British institution. They are a huge, trustworthy company with a long history, high standards and an unquestionable reputation for fair play and honesty.
Ladbrokes’ long history hasn’t always been something that has worked in their favour as they have sometimes been perceived to be a little old-fashioned, although that is changing. They have redeveloped their site and mobile betting facilities, improving the look, feel and functionality of both.
This modernisation hasn’t been at the cost of Ladbrokes’ traditional strengths though and their football and horse racing betting provisions remains superb, with a huge range of markets and above average odds. Their purchase of Betdaq makes them the only “traditional” bookmaker to also offer a betting exchange and this is a nice little extra for those who like the exchange model.
All in all Ladbrokes are a very good bookmaker. Whilst they lack some of the style you get with other betting sites they do provide a hell of a lot of features and markets. They have no major weaknesses and are a solid performer.