Betfair are truly a one stop shop for all things to do with online bookmaking and gaming. They not only have the world biggest sports exchange but also a fixed odds sports book with top offers, full casino and gaming options, Vegas, bingo, poker, slots, you name it they do it.
Top Tip: The Betfair introductory offer listed below gives you the option to earn up to £100 in free bets. If however you sign up using any of Betfair’s many enhanced odds new customer offers you can claim the main welcome offer on top any way. For current promotions see our home page.
Sports Offer – Up To In £100 Free Bets
Betfair offer new customers to their Sportsbook (which operates like a traditional bookmaker, as opposed to their betting exchange which was their original site) the option to earn up to £100 in free bet tokens depending on how you bet.
The introductory offer rewards those who bet regularly the most. It is split into five £20 free bets. To claim your first £20 free, you will need to place 5 x £10+ bets at odds of 1/2+ (singles only, no multiple bets, bets on the same selection/market will not count), there is no time limit on this. Once the bets are settled you will get a £20 free bet token within 24 hours that is then valid for 30 days and can be used on any markets at any odds.
Customers can then go on to claim the offer described above up to five times, meaning you can get up to £100 in total in free bets. Again as there is no time limit you do not need to rush to claim the deal.
The welcome offer is open to UK and Ireland (in Euros in Ireland) and you will need to use the promotional code ZBBC01 when you sign up to claim. Only bets in the fixed odds sportsbook count, not exchange bets.
Note that the free bet stake is not returned with the winnings and Cash Out is not available on free bets. Any first deposits made by PaySafe, Skrill or Neteller are ineligible for this promotion.
Betfair Introductory Casino Promotions
If your more of a casino player than sports but you want a bookie with all the options then Betfair are a great option. The betting site has several different casino introductory deals, the link below will take you to a page where you an pick the the right deal for you.
It’s your choice therefore what offer you take. It is good that Betfair have the foresight to provide several deals to suit a wider range of players. The other good thing is you can claim the casino bonuses even if you have already claimed the sports bonus, so long as you have never played in the Betfair casino before.
Of course make sure you read the full terms and conditions to ensure you take the right promotion to suit you.
Promotions and Betting Features
Betfair offer both their Sportsbook and their Exchange and whilst some promotions do crop up in the Exchange, there are far more ongoing and event-specific offers and freebies in the Sportsbook. The latter regularly has free bet and money back specials for football, golf, tennis tournaments, loads of horse racing enhancements and boosts and some good offers for cricket and pretty much all other sports too. This is a fantastic bookie for those that like regular promos.
They also often have “cross-product” offers which may reward free casino play for placing a bet or a free bet for trying out their skill games tab. Here is a selection of the best permanent and semi-permanent offers across both the Exchange and Sportsbook.
- Weekly Promotions – Betfair are one of the best at offering both regular customer and new customer deals every week. Whatever your sport, football, rugby, American Football, tennis, etc,. if there is an event worth talking about Betfair will have an offer.
- Acca Edge Insurance – A different type of acca insurance that gives you a refund as a free bet if one leg of an accumulator bet lets you down. Applies to four-folds and up on any football bets, however, unlike other acca insurances, you can choose whether to take the normal odds with no insurance or take insurance in excahnge for slightly lower odds. All refunds are in cash with not maximum limits.
- Back a Winner Get a Free Bet – Betfair have promotions on selected horse and dog races. If your horse wins in the selected race at SP odds of 3/1 or higher or an SP of 2/1 or higher in dogs races live on Sky Sports, get your money back as a free bet up to £25. Win-win. Also watch horse racing and dog racing live if you place a minimum £1 bet on the race.
- Double Odds / Winnings – One of Betfair’s favourite deals is to give customers double winnings on sporting events. This might be if your goalscorer bet player scores twice, team wins both halves, player loses the first tennis set but wins the match, darts player hits 140+ checkout, etc, etc.
- Each Way Edge – Similar to the Acca Edge in principle. This lets you add or remove the number of places from a bet to get either a bigger chance of winning if you opt for more places or the or bigger returns if you opt for less.
- Price Rush – Not strictly speaking a betting offer but a really clever trick that gets the best out of Betfair’s Sportsbook and Exchange. Place a bet on the Sportsbook and if better odds are available on the exchange you’ll get boosted up to those. Great for bets at long odds where there is a high chance of seeing your odds get the Price Rush treatment.
- Top End Streaming and Cash Out – Betfair invented cash out, this should tell you everything about the ethos of the betting site. They are constantly innovating and adding new and exciting features, if you like the latest betting options there are few places better than Betfair to bet. They also stream tens of thousands of live events each year.
- Good Odds – In the past the Betfiar fixed odds book didn’t used to be so good for average prices, these days however they are one of the best. They constantly look at exchange markets (which are generally better value) and improved the fixed odds based on this. This way you know you are always getting a decent price if you are someone who doesn’t have the time to shop around.
Betfair was founded in 1999 and originally just offered a betting exchange, peer-to-peer betting that charged a small commission for bringing punters on opposite sides of a bet together. By cutting out the middle man – the bookie – the odds were, and are, generally much higher, especially on outsiders. The company is a roaring success and has won numerous awards for innovation and with vast finances and ring-fenced funds they are about as safe and secure as any company out there, let alone any other bookmaker.
They have offices in numerous locations around the world, including Australia and Gibraltar, and are licensed and regulated by various different bodies for different aspects of what they do. The Sportsbook is licensed and regulated in Malta whilst the Exchange falls under Gibraltar’s jurisdiction, but these are technicalities – Betfair is one of the most reputable companies around. Handling seven million transactions daily and with almost one million active customers, there is no doubt that Betfair, now offering bingo, poker, skill games and an online casino too, is here to stay.
Since the creation of the Sportsbook in 2013 Betfair have been able to offer a much wider range of betting offers, as well as dishing them out far more frequently. Both the Sportsbook and Exchange have their strengths but for the average, casual punter the Sportsbook is one of the best bookie options around.
The odds are very solid, there is good choice when it comes to sports and markets and the site is nicely designed with a great mobile version for betting on the move. The consistency of the offers is up there with the very best whilst the in-play console is also very well-developed.
For really high rollers and serious gamblers who like to trade, lay and hedge, the Exchange is, without doubt, a must-have account. You won’t find such great betting promotions but with no limits and unbeatable odds, as well as that same brilliant mobile and online site and outstanding customer support, Betfair is one of our very favourite betting sites.
In 2016 Betfair merged with Paddy Power to create one of the worlds biggest betting companies. The two brands are separate but now enjoy the benefits of being linked. For example you can now deposit into your online Betfair account through Paddy Power shops using card or cash.